spray welding table

Here you can post tips, help others with sources of information, places to buy stuff etc.

Moderator: Fawteen

glensts

spray welding table

Post by glensts » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:30 pm

Now probably everyone already knows this but I learned this recently and don't know why I never thought of it before. The spray cans that we use to spray the mig welder tips to prevent spatter from sticking to the cone and tip, spray your welding table or whatever you weld on and spread it around a bit and splatter will just pop off with a scraper or roll off with your glove. I guess thats why the can is for no stick spatter. Now if you guys all knew this I'm sorry for repeating it but you could of told me last year. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Grove r

Post by Grove r » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:26 am

Hi Glen....did not know this, and what a fantastic idea!!!! Makes me wonder what other simple fixes I have overlooked.....now...if I could just get down to the "table" on the welding deck.......
:lol: :lol:
have a good one,
Ron.E.

Ron/PA

Post by Ron/PA » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:25 pm

Fresh out of high school, I welded for a living, and we had gallons of splatter guard that we brushed on stainless steel to keep it clean.
I use a tip dip "Gel" on my mig tip, but never knew that it would work on steel.
Now I've got to wonder if it'll act as a rust inhibitor, since my welding table is outside.
Thanks for the tip.
Ron

Ron/PA

Post by Ron/PA » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:27 pm

Grove r wrote:Hi Glen....did not know this, and what a fantastic idea!!!! Makes me wonder what other simple fixes I have overlooked.....now...if I could just get down to the "table" on the welding deck.......
:lol: :lol:
have a good one,
I find it's easier to raise the vice, than to clean off the deck.
Ron

glensts

Post by glensts » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:27 pm

Ron/PA wrote:Fresh out of high school, I welded for a living, and we had gallons of splatter guard that we brushed on stainless steel to keep it clean.
I use a tip dip "Gel" on my mig tip, but never knew that it would work on steel.
Now I've got to wonder if it'll act as a rust inhibitor, since my welding table is outside.
Thanks for the tip.
Ron
Ive got some of the gel dip too and hardly ever use it but wonder if it would have to be applied on a warm table as it seems to need heat to finally liQUIify.

Ron/PA

Post by Ron/PA » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:49 am

glensts wrote:Ive got some of the gel dip too and hardly ever use it but wonder if it would have to be applied on a warm table as it seems to need heat to finally liQUIify.
The gel does need heat to liquify, so I normally try to remember to dip my tip when I finish so it has a coating on startup.

I didn't mean using the gel on the table, I just didn't realize the spray would work so well on steel.

Gonna try it.
Ron

Gatz

Post by Gatz » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:13 pm

Someone once suggested using PAM (you know...the cooking stuff)....it's alot cheaper than the anit-spatter spray from the welding outlet.