A lot of high priced Junk. Except.....?

Off topic stuff, jokes etc.

Moderator: Fawteen

Johnson

A lot of high priced Junk. Except.....?

Post by Johnson » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:42 am

Craigs list is almost off my list of places to browse.
It is stunning to see what people are asking for Junk equipment.
Since 08 It has been rediculous.

Occasionally I see A few things that are actually priced fair market value. I saw a white Tractor and a clean WF Massey Harris 22
That were priced close on older stuff.
Dealers had more realistic prices.
JOE BLOW IS DREAMING big.
One who has Imagination without learning has wings without feet.
JJK Haywood

GLyford

Re: A lot of high priced Junk. Except.....?

Post by GLyford » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:06 am

Then there's the guys who want to ask so much they are afraid to put their price in the ad...but if you call them, they know exactly how much they want. Dude, just save us all some time, and stop trying to milk the general public. We've all seen it before, just name your price. If we like it, or need it that bad, then the phone will ring. If it never does, then there's your answer right there...

glensts

Post by glensts » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:53 pm

I don't even call anymore unless there is a price or I need one bad. If the price is wacky I tell them I don't want both, just one!!

Grove r

Post by Grove r » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:31 am

My sortamints, zactly on the no price shown theme......if there is no price listed I don't even read the ad let alone inquire! Most of what I aquire is by word of mouth or at auction, and getting so gibbled up that the later is getting near non existant.......

have a good one,
Ron.E.

curtludwig

Post by curtludwig » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Read the free pages for the absolute trash they're trying to get somebody to come haul away, especially broken tvs "it could be a quick fix!" yeah right...

GLyford

Post by GLyford » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:16 pm

Another fun one:

Trailer, listed as being good for "cars, or utility, or landscaping", wants a grand but "No Tire Kickers!" Yet he doesn't post a photo. So what you're saying is, you expect people to agree to buy it as soon as they show up, without evaluating it (including the tires) all without ever seeing it? Yeah, right. Keep waiting by that phone, I bet it will ring any month now.

I bet it's another stripped camper chassis anyway. Bet you didn't even put fenders on it like all the other clowns trying to pull this one. Did you at least spend $5 on a spraycan first? Those are the classy ones, so you can't see where they've bondo'd over the rust...