Johnson

Jan, 1 2014. good day aye!

Post by Johnson » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:12 am

My beard is about 3 inches long.
Getting Gray as time moves on.
Only project thus far.

Not much else New. But I will sure tell you
if something comes up.
One who has Imagination without learning has wings without feet.
JJK Haywood

Grove r

Re: Jan, 1 2014. good day aye!

Post by Grove r » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:40 am

Hi J.....no beard here, am too getting older.......copious amounts of projects to do in the shop, if the weather will co operate today, even if it is the first of the year, may entertain the thots of an appearance into the project world.......see the temp is up to minus three C. should keep climbing........been to cold to do outside.....or....in the shop, even colder there.......getting shack whacky to be sure.......

A very prosperous and happy new year to all.......
Ron.E.

Fawteen

Post by Fawteen » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:35 pm

Happy New Year, y'all

2014 has started out expensive here. We were out of power Monday afternoon through Christmas morning. Got by with the little 4000 watt generator, but it was not a lot of fun. Been hinting to SWMBO that I wanted to install a whole-house, auto-start, auto-transfer generator. After that little spell, she relented and I've raided the retirement fund to do that and upgrade the house service from 100 to 200 amps with a bigger panel and some re-wiring. It'll get rid of a couple of rat's nests and a sub panel.

Seeing as I have to set another LP tank for the generator anyway, decided to finish insulating the garage and put a 30,000 BTU heater in there so I can work in some degree of comfort in the winter. Now that I'm retarded, that's a big chunk of how I spend my time.

Between those two projects, the toy fund is gonna be more than a little slim for the next year or two.
What do you mean I can't do that?

Johnson

Post by Johnson » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:05 am

14 that is going to be a busy project and good on the propane powered unit. I run a 75000 Btu in my 24 x 30 x 12 insulated pole barn. So glad I did not go smaller. I was going to go 60,000 until I started calculating R value and Regional effects.
JJK Haywood

Fawteen

Post by Fawteen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 am

Well, the generator ran over budget and the heater got postponed until at least this fall, maybe longer depending on how the summer goes. I'll be pecking away at getting the ceiling installed and insulated on and off as money allows during the summer.

Got a couple of days worth of materials sitting in the garage now, but it's too darn cold to go out there and work.
What do you mean I can't do that?

Johnson

Post by Johnson » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:07 am

Yeah you all got hammered this winter.
I will probably go through 30 - 40 Gallons of propane
this winter. Typical is about 80.
I really need to change to NG. I just don't so a lot out in the winter.
JJK Haywood

curtludwig

Post by curtludwig » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:56 pm

I've been pecking away at another layer of insulation in the attic of my house. Put $100 worth of R30 up there last summer, I need to finish the outlet for the range hood (which just dumps into the attic, its the way I got the place...) before I finish the insulation. I was sure glad I'd done what I did this winter though. The section I covered is over the bedroom which is the farthest from the woodstove...