Hey Grove R!

Here we discuss projects and post pictures of projects

Moderator: Fawteen

Red Dave

Hey Grove R!

Postby Red Dave » Fri May 06, 2016 2:50 pm

I'm not clear on where you are up there in the great white north.
Are you anywhere near the big fire in Northern Alberta?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/world/fort-mcmurray-fire-canada/

Hope you are OK, if you are. It sounds like it is causing a lot of trouble for those folks.

Grove r

Re: Hey Grove R!

Postby Grove r » Fri May 06, 2016 10:38 pm

Hi Dave, takk for the concern. We live here in west central Alberta, sixty miles straight west of Red Deer, which is half way between Edmonton and Calgary. The fires are straight north of Edmonton, another eight hours or so. We had a small shower yesterday morning, tantamount to a real heavy dew. Those folks north are sure in dire straights. Doris and I were talking about sending our holiday trailer up there for someone, but don't know who we could get to tow it that far, too much for us to tackle......would be OK for a couple, would give it to them, free of charge, to keep......Lots of people are doing for them, but they need more, waaay more.....Lebatts brewery in Edmonton shut down beer production so they could fill cans with water to send there, has been in the tens of thousands of cans so far, free of charge. I know, I said the same thing.....they should have sent beer!!!!!!!! LOL Someone pulled into the parking lot of extra foods in town with a cube van and put up a sign for people to donate groceries for the people up north and it was only a mater of a few hours and it was full and on its way....the store was happy to have them there.......same thing happened in Red Deer at Walmart and they were told to leave the parking lot.....go figure, no more of MY dollars, [didn't get many anyway, but....]

Lots more I could relate, but should go do something,

have a good one Dave, and takk again.
Ron.E.

Return to “Shop Projects”