Gun Vise

Here we discuss projects and post pictures of projects

Moderator: Fawteen

Dieselrider

Gun Vise

Postby Dieselrider » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:40 pm

After the reloading bench project, I was looking at some fancy gun vises. Some can be bought cheap enough and some are real salty. I poked around to see what some others had done and found some homie made ones. Saw one real similar to this one and so, i scrounged up a few pieces of red oak I had tucked away. Should have taken more pics of the build process but, I get focused on the project and forget to document. Here it is after staining in the shop. Didn't have the knobs on yet.
Another view.

Here it is setting on the reloading bench. The knobs came today.

Just had to try it out with dad's old 222 Remington. It isn't as fancy as the store bought ones but, it will work for cleaning guns and such that I need. Maybe one day it will belong to one of the boys or Marci will have one heck of an auction. :/
If it was easy, anyone could do it!

Fawteen

Re: Gun Vise

Postby Fawteen » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:28 am

Nice!

What did you use to pad the stock clamps?
What do you mean I can't do that?

Dieselrider

Re: Gun Vise

Postby Dieselrider » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:40 am

I used some dense foam from a strip for the bottom of a Garage door seal. I wish I could have found something the right width as I had to piece that and it isn't the nicest lookin. However, it does grip the gun stock well and gives a good cushion. The same stuff onr the forearm rest.
If it was easy, anyone could do it!

Return to “Shop Projects”